Thursday 18 October 2012

Being tagged

Well, essexhebridean tagged me earlier in the week for a laugh (mainly at my secrets) I thought I'd join in.
First you have to divulge 11 secrets.
Then you answer some questions.
Then you fling some out to the universe to get others to join in.
Here goes.
1. I ate so many biscuits in my first term of university i gained so much weight I went up a shoe size (in real life) we no longer keep biscuits in the house.
2. When I was young I wanted to be an accountant or a lawyer, so I tootled off to college ( and ate biscuits), don't hate me.
3. In this house we have a communal sock basket. I don't ever wear one matching pair of socks. Life's too short to match up socks.
4. I learnt to cook in gastropubs, theatre restaurants, hotels and once ran my own kitchen. The shifts are a killer, but people always want to eat.
5. I learnt to garden due to a lack of fresh veggies in the local island shop. No one should eat bendy carrots or slimey lettuce.
6. I started school in Cyprus and our family were one of the last families evacuated from famagusta to a British Army base, which was so full, we lived in a tennis court shed for two weeks before returning to the UK. After a long time, we returned there this summer. Beaches/flowers what's not to love about that island.
7. I spent 2 weeks on a tropical botany field trip for my MSc in Belize, alot of it in a tent in the jungle. It wasn't glamourous, studying with scorpions flinging themselves at you is not fun. I still itch and shudder at the thought of plain rice and beans....and have no interest in tropical botany.
8. My old car went on fire 3weeks ago whilst at the garage, all I have left is a tax disc. (no one was hurt, we still await the assessors outcome) my poor car.
9. I hate cake, chocolate And dried fruit. It's all evil the whole lot of it.
10. I use to farm sheep (650 blackies) and cattle (50 luing) on a remote island hill farm on the west of Scotland. Well I lived there and helped the father of my kids....alot!
11. I was diagnosed with dyslexia half way through my phd in my 40's hadn't a clue before. Tutor described me as a 'leaky dyke', which made me giggle.
Now for Robyn's questions:
Marmite-YES!
Where in the world would I like to be? - ? Too hard to choose.....inside the border of the forbidden zone in Famagusta, just to look around the abandoned city.
Dogs or cats? Both, we are currently without a cat master but ome to two dogs.
Best cheese? All of them.
Street food or restaurant? Both. I love to eat.
Childhood friend? Jacqui from Nottingham, oldest person I know.
Perfect Sunday? Pottering at home or in garden, then a walk and a lovely supper.
How many homes have you had? 32 or so? Seriously. That's quite silly. My dad was in the army.....but my wanderlust continues as an adult,
Size of feet? 3 or a 4 depending on the biscuits.....
What do I want to find in a biscuit tin? No biscuits....!

Now for my questions...




No comments:

Post a Comment