Friday 28 December 2012

Joy and of course plentiful compost

Firstly I wish you joy these holidays wherever you are whomever you're with. We're off adventuring again in far off sunny (sometimes, although yesterday the weather of the north east of Scotland did pop in and say hello.) climes, with snowy trees and mountains.

It's a special time to enjoy family and see joy in life isn't it? Mine began this season in our local cathederal, the annual school Xmas concert. Chairs scraping, chattering crowds anticipating the performances from their own and others children, having worked so hard. It's always fun and good to see their shiny faces playing carols, but his year was special.

The tall sinewy music teacher gently lowered his hands to hush our chatter, smiling, beaming, he knew the secret to come. So we listened, silent as gently chaste children. And then we heard it, far from the back of the the innards of the cathederal the softest of voices began 'Donna nobis pachem' slowly echoing from the voices of angels. I swear I heard her too, my cellist. An angel with the others, all so beautiful. As we sat in awe, the concert began a whirl of cellos, strings, woodwind and angelic voices.

And so the adventure began for this season.

I wish you joy and love, always. What else is there?

Well aside a decent bag of compost and a plentiful supply of pots.

Love and happiness from snowy climes and welly clad toes.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the enjoyable posts, Fay. Look forward to travelling with you again next year. Have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how delightful! you have written this so well, i am almost there with you listening to your cellist. that piece of music is so amazing to listen to. i love it! cellos, strings, woodwind and angelic voices ... it just says it all. i wish you the most wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish you great adventures JTS - love your posts.

      Delete
  3. best of the new year to you, fay .. i look forward to what's coming for all us gardeners in this new growing season ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new growing to you too. I like the longer days and the sense of a new season upon us.

      Delete
  4. Hope you get plenty of sunshine to go with the compost, pots and seeds of 2013. Hope it is a really good year for you Fay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish your garden all the time it needs to reveal itself to you.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you. I enjoy reading your posts very much. Hope you enjoy your sunny climes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat - we did indeed enjoy sunny climes! Happy new year to yourself.

      Delete
  6. I can feel your pride in your young cellist! My children are all grown and gone now. I recently commented to my husband how much I missed those special church and school programs that celebrated special events and seasons. I still remember one Christmas program where teachers and other parents commented on my three year old son, mentioning how 'angelic' he looked. Ha!Ha! In reality, he was a child with a devilish bent, too often in trouble. But with his sweet face and gorgeous curls backlit with soft light just so, he did look like an angel! Thanks for bringing up the memory! I wish you the best in 2013, and may your garden prosper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been rummaging around the photos and wondering how in such a short time they've turned from children with angelic faces to young adults. I wish you all the best for the coming year and your garden in bountiful!

      Delete