|Getting some fresh air in the daisies!|
I don't sit down much, not in my nature. I don't get sick much either so I thought about this on the way home from work. What kind of things don't we know about each other in real life? As I'm cooped up on the sofa not going anywhere I'm going to indulge myself by telling you 10 things about me - feel free to share any about you!!
1. I love cooking, its why I learnt to garden I think - I love eating. I'm always stuffing my face at most opportunities and if I'm not stuffing myself, I'm planning my next stuffing session.
2. I'm ridiculusly scared of bees and wasps - and anything buzzy. Bonkers I know - but there you are. They are scary, they bite you (sting) and to be honest honey isn't worth the fuss I don't like it, sorry (I'll die for that one!).
3. I love the colour purple, its my favourite - so full of life. Once I had a purple brick, but I can't remember where it is now.
4. I was brought up all over the world, my dad was in the army and before I was 12 we lived in a lot of different places. Once we were evacuated (during the civil war in Cyprus) onto the local army base to live in a tennis hut for a few weeks before we went back to the UK. I'm scared of fireworks cos of the bombs that were going off in the field when I was little. We had to sleep under the bed for a week before we were evacuated and had to leave the island with only two things each, all our belongings had to be left behind. I took two books.
5. My grandad was a huge influence on my life, my son is named after him (James) and he was an amazing gardener. I miss you grandad xxx.
6. My only grown up (e.g not brothers or sisters - I've two brothers and one sister) living relative I have now is my Mum - she lives a long way away - I don't see her much but I know she's always there.
7. My daughter has my favourite name 'Hazel' - I was always hopeful one day I'd wake up and be a Hazel myself, even better I woke up one day and had one of my own!
8. I love the sea - as a gardener its a hard contradiction - windy islands are challenging to garden in.
9. One of my favourite foods are potatoes - I love them in every single way they can be cooked - I'm not a sweet tooth - give me a potato rather than a cake anytime!
10. What can I tell you about me for number 10? When I was little my family told me (to get me to eat rabbit) that I was eating the rabbit 'Bugs Bunny' - I never saw a cartoon of him for ages after that and I really thought I'd killed him for about a year I was convinced that I'd eaten him and destroyed his cartoon career. I was vegetarian for 12 years of my life, mainly because of that experience!!! (I'm not now, but try to only eat 'happy' local/organic meat and fish)