Saturday 24 March 2012

The accidental Haggis and the invasion of the chooks

We've been talking about a new puppy for a while now to keep Peedie company and we wanted a PD mark 2. So the other day, as you do, I went by the breeders house on the way home from work to 'register' our interest in one in the future. As fate would have it, he had an 8 week puppy looking for a home by the sea, we have a home by the sea.
You can tell how the turned out can't you? Today the accidental puppy, accidentally came home after it met Peedie. So one KC registered Red brindle x Wheaten cairn terrier puppy (at a bargain price, less than a greenhouse) has been added to the family this weekend. Peedie is not impressed. He's clearly a bit nose out of joint but he'll come round - he's not been mean to the puppy but he's sitting with his back to it!

In fact we've expanded by 5, as well as the puppy we've got given 4 light sussex *perhaps crosses we're not sure* chickens from Graemsay.  I have no photos as they don't stay still - but you can see them here at Sian's - the ones she kindly gave me are white and black.

The hens appear to be escape artists and had not only got out the byre they were in but were half way down our track towards Sian today - thankfully a bit of grub coaxed them back into our general area. And, at bed time I found them all tucked up in the byres with the others - so they are clearly here to stay. Phew.

So aside a busy day at work today, new chooks to get to know and giving a very tiny puppy a lift home - lifes its kinda normal chaotic self!

Have a lovely day yourself!! And Haggis, the new pup tips his paw to you all. The chooks (currently nameless - although we might call them after flavours of crisps as they arrived in crisp boxes!


10 comments:

  1. Aw he's such a cutie, love the name xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little one is so sweet! Poor Peedie, hope he feels happy again sometime soon! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the picture of them on the settee, when we got Sam (he to was VERY small....then!) Gus ,the older dog "sulked" for 5 days... then he got fed up and joined in xx Gotta love em! Glad the girls came back down the lane xx.. makes me laugh to think of them heading off "home" all in a line x lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Little One looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Haggis you little cutie!! New chooks too! I've just been mugged by mine as I went in to egg collect - they're all sulking now as I didn't take them anything to eat. How very rude of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give Peedie a hug, tell him we still love him (and he's got a better name, I mean, haggis, I ask you, with tears in my eyes ;~) I look hopefully up into the tree and yell CHOCOLAT, you look along the beach and yell HAGGIS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our older dog was NEVER mean to the new puppy but 5 years on she STILL looks at her as if to say 'Oh! WHEN will her real owners come and fetch her?' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh Haggis is such a sweetie...and I know how he feels as Peedie sat in exactly that same pose when I visited! Glad the chooks were foiled in their escape plan! They are probably a little unruly having been left to wander wherever, whenever. I'm afraid they have no manners...... Hope they start to lay large chookie eggs soon. And - er - can I just explain that I did not eat TWO boxes of crisps.... these are the boxes my messages come over on the boat in from Argo's .....honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your new puppy is lovely. great name too. i enjoyed the picture of the two dogs together on the settee. Haggis looks so wee compared to Peedie. I also enjoyed the read through your last blog on isolation and the comments following. I haven't commented myself but it was thought-provoking reading everyone else's. Hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh a seriously Peedie, Peedie Pup, Haggis so so cute (and fluffy and small!)

    ReplyDelete