Sunday 31 January 2010

A nice weekend......

Well a stormy start to our weekend with snow and blizzards inbetween roaring winds and sparkly sunshine - talk about 4 seasons in one day!!

Spent Saturday catching up with our neighbouring town which I love - its called Stromess and its a lovely port and hive of activity. We managed to catch up with a lovely friend for an impomptu lunch and ate home made soup, tomatoes (carefully stored in the garage and wrapped in newspaper) and cheeses - simple but beautiful. Really made me think again about how much I enjoy the simpler things in life, like benches dedicated to folks who loved to walk the headland like us.......
I was also lucky this weekend to spend one evening with my daughter alone and one with my son alone - nice to have some quality time. Not that we did much very differently on either night, we just had a 'guddle', ate, blethered, sat together and watched a movie; just had a bit of a catch up. The children have so many 'activities' that sometimes its just nice to say OK how about some US time!!
I started to crochet a blanket for my campervan, I've been given a beautiful one last year and am trying to make another one as a keepsake for home! I have to say though even when watching u-tube tutorials - I'm managing to 'crochet' something, BUT, its neither a square nor really a circle - I seem to have invented my own style. I think I might ask around my work to see if anyone can 'show me' properly - they will need alot of patience.
My little dog I have to say has been delightful company - walking lots, being very silly and playing games when we were out and just generally enjoying the winter air.,,.........here's a photo of him in the summer out on field work with me and a student - he's very silly.......
Sunday saw me battling with a computer with a virus (long story) and scratching my head alot trying to figure out how to put curtain rails into my camper van - I've had the fabric for ages - the know-how has been a bit less forthcoming, but so far, with my brothers help - we've managed to get poles along 2 of the 8 windows - with plans for the rest of them. I found some table clothes I liked which will be cut up for curtains and must find an old pair of curtains to 'remove the curtain tracking from' to make the new curtains with. Much better to recycle some things than just buy new............

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stripey :)
    Good to see you posting again. Things sound lovely in your world, and the doggy looks so cute!
    Good luck with the crocheting,I would love to be able to do it but my brain refuses to process knitting and crochet instructions.Maybe you could make a blankie okay with your squircles :)

    ReplyDelete